About Me

My photo
Forty-something lover of Doom, Death, Thrash, Technical, Brutal, Black, Power, Grind, Progressive, NWOBHM, Industrial, Viking, Drone, Ambient, Sludge, Speed and Alternative metal styles..Sure, I like other genres of music but this blog isn't about that...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

...No High on Fire, but...

For those of you that don't know(and I assure you, I will tell the tale throughout these posts), my interest in metal bands follows the actual metal timeline. I was first interested in doom (Black Sabbath, natch) then NWOBHM bands like Judas Priest. I moved on to Slayer almost simultaneously with my interest in NWOBHM. Then onto death and black metal with some sludge thrown in.

So, when I heard that High on Fire was playing FOR FREE tonight, I was super stoked. Alas, dear reader, I was scheduled to work at my second job as a pizza guy for Pudge Brothers Pizza. I consider Sleep, and by extension, High on Fire part of my doom necessities. And as doom/stoner metal is my first love in metal, I was super bummed by not seeing them...

On my last delivery, the one that sealed the deal of me not going by occurring after 10 p.m., I met Nick, who was wearing a Whitechapel t-shirt. We started talking about bands and it turns out A) he was at the Nile show and the Devildriver show and knows those guys, B) can get into shows for nothing and C) would perhaps be able to help yours truly in his quest for metal show supremacy. Turns out he used to roadie and may be able to get me into some shows! More importantly, I may have a new metal friend and someone to hang with while seeing bands, Pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment